Why is sustainable travel important?
- To support tourism businesses actively working to preserve nature and local culture for generations to come.
- To improve the well-being of local people and provide jobs and education in hospitality and nature tour guiding
- Because the earth is worth more to all species as a green and beautiful planet than destroyed croplands or logging fields.
- To be a traveler not a tourist.
How to be a sustainable traveler:
- Look for lodgings using renewable energy, recycled or collected water, or otherwise eco-verified
- Seek out experiences involving local cultures and nature
- Book accomodations with lodges and tours that provide jobs, education, or other sustainable benefits to their local communities
- Seek out tour guides that work with local communities or government to keep nature preserved
- Avoid disposable items as much as possible (i.e. bring your own water canteen and toiletries bottles)
- To provide travelers with the best selection of adventure travel experiences from partners who share our mission to protect nature and support local businesses
- To grow with our community and continually evolve
- To both educate and listen so we can provide the types of experiences that benefit both travelers and local tour outfitters