Gnomad is a community for explorers who have a passion for wildlife, conservation, local culture, and nature immersive experiences.
Tourism directed toward exotic, often threatened, natural environments, especially to support conservation efforts and observe wildlife.
Travel with Kids
Animal and plant exploring, art classes, and activities just for kids as well as family-friendly activities everyone can enjoy.
From local dishes to art, architecture, and craftsmanship, experience the rich history of the local populations on your journey.
Why is sustainable travel important?
- To support tourism businesses actively working to preserve nature and local culture for generations to come.
- To improve the well-being of local people and provide jobs and education in hospitality and nature tour guiding
- Because the earth is worth more to all species as a green and beautiful planet than destroyed croplands or logging fields.
- To be a traveler not a tourist.
How to be a sustainable traveler:
- Look for lodgings using renewable energy, recycled or collected water, or otherwise eco-verified
- Seek out experiences involving local cultures and nature
- Book accomodations with lodges and tours that provide jobs, education, or other sustainable benefits to their local communities
- Seek out tour guides that work with local communities or government to keep nature preserved
- Avoid disposable items as much as possible (i.e. bring your own water canteen and toiletries bottles)